Get into fishing!
Sunday 20 October is national Gone Fishing Day. Time to get out on the water with family and friends to celebrate all that's great about fishing in Tassie! It doesn't matter if you haven't fished before - join in one of the free events below
Sea Fisheries Events:
Fishcare will be running fishing clinics with rods available at these locations:
· Hobart Regatta Ground: 10.00am - 2.00pm
· Wynyard Fishing Platform: 2.00pm - 4.00pm
· Port Sorell Wharf: 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Inland Fisheries Events:
The Inland Fisheries Service are having a licence free day on Gone Fishing Day. All other regulations apply. Anglers Alliance Tasmania are hosting junior angling events at the following locations.
· Frombergs Dam, Ulverstone: 10.00am - 2.00pm
· Hiscutt Park, Penguin 10.00am - 3.00pm
· Taylors Dam, Latrobe: 10.00am - 3.00pm
· Longford Fishing Club Dam, Cressy: 10.00 - 3.00pm
· New Norfolk Anglers Junior Pond, Bushy Park: 11.00am - 2.00pm